Antique Sanctuaries and Beliefs
During the ancient period the Thracians worshiped Zalmoxis. Today you can visit the Thracian sanctuaries near the village of Strelkovo and the village of Voynovo. In these sanctuaries, the locals worshiped Zalmoxis. These ancient Thracian sanctuaries during the Christian period became medieval rock monasteries.The local Thracian tribes also knew the doctrine of Orpheus. A proof of this is the solar watch, located in the archaeological museum of Silistra. The Roman soldiers also worshiped the cult of Mithras as well as that of Cronus.
The Dorostol Saints
Roman soldiers are also the first Christian saints on the Bulgarian lands. Twelve Dorostol saints are known. The most revered saint is Dacian, who in 292 accepted death but did not relinquish the Christian faith. In 2001 Pope John Paul II donated part of the relics of St. Dasyi, which are kept in the church "St. St. Peter and Paul ", built in 1860 in the town of Silistra. The relics of other Dorostolian saints, Emilyan and Mark Julius, as well as those of St. Dimitur Dorostollo-Kievan, are preserved in the church. During the church celebrations are also exported the preserved in the temple particles from the relics of St. Peter and St.Pavel.
The First Bulgarian Patriarchy
In the Medieval Drastar was situated the first Bulgarian Patriarchate. Today the remains of it can be seen in the Danube park of Silistra.
The Oldest Armenian Church in Bulgaria
In the town of Silistra is located the oldest Armenian church in Bulgaria, built in 1620. Today it is named "Virgin Mary".
The Church in Alfatar
In the city of Alfatar, 22 km. from Silistra, you can visit the Orthodox Church of the Holy Trinity that was built in 1846.
Monastery near Aidemir
10 km. from the hotel, near the village of Aidemir, is located the monastery "Pokrov Bogorodichen". The monastery was built in 1996.
In the village of Aidemir there is also the church "Holy Trinity", built by Russian soldiers in 1829.
The Church of Russian Old Communion
In the village of Aidemir there is the Russian church "Pokrov Presvetoy Bogodice". It is also known as the church in Tataritsa. It was founded by Russians who left their native places in Russia after the reforms of Peter the Great. This population is also known as old-time or old-fashioned people. The reason for this is that they still do not accept Patriarch Nicon's church reforms carried out in the middle of the 17th century, but remain faithful to the church rituals before the reform of the Russian church.
Monastery and cave of St. Andrew
Not far from the village of Ion Corvin in Romania is the monastery "Saint Andrey Prizvani". In the area of the monastery is the cave, where St. Andrew lived.
The grave of Eliezer Papo
One of the 12 most revered Jewish rabbis - Eliezer Papo - lived in Silistra. His grave is a holy place for Jews all over the world. The story has preserved evidence that in Silistra during the Russian-Turkish war in 1828-1829 in the camp of the Russian army cholera broke out. The Rabbi managed to save the inhabitants of Silistra from cholera, but he himself was infected with the disease and died.
In the town of Silistra is located the Kurshumlu Mosque, built at the beginning of the 17th century.
Dobrudzha is part of the way to migrating the water birds. Two of the Dobrudzha lakes are a favorite place for ornithologists. 15 km. from Hotel Vienna is located Lake Srebarna. Often the lake is called Serengeti of the birds. Lake Srebarna Lake is also a Natural History Museum of Srebarna. In Romania, near Budjak and Gurlitsa are Lake Budjak or known as Gurlitsa.
Adrenaline in Dobrudja
A Chesa flight in the canyons of Dry Rivers is an unforgettable experience. It is provided by the company "Rebus", the flights starting from Kaynardzha airport.
In the Dry Rivers you can also find interesting rock climbing routes.
An exceptional monument of Roman culture from the 4th century is the Roman tomb, which is located in Silistra. In the Medieval Drastar, the Bulgarian kings were protected by their strong fortress walls. King Simeon the Great in 895 managed to save himself from the Magyars. In Drustar salvation has found King Ivaylo. Drustar was also the first Bulgarian Patriarch Damian. In a patriarchal temple he was crowned King Peter. Near Drastar in 971 was the biggest battle between the Byzantine Emperor John Zimisch and the Russian Prince Svetoslav.
Medjidi Tabia Fortress
A memorial of the Ottoman period was the fortress Medzhidi, built in Silistra in the period 1841-1853. It was designed by the German military engineer Helmut von Moltke. In 1847, he was visited by Sultan Abdul Medjit and named after him - Medjidi Tabia.
Museum of History
Evidence of the history of the Danube Dobrudja today is kept in the Historical Museum of Silistra. It has a rich archeological exposition. The museum also has a rich ethnographic exposition.
74 km. from the Bulgarian border is the Roman settlement of Adamklisi. The monument Troyan of Trajan lies beside it. This monument was built by Emperor Trajan in honor of his victory over the Dacians. The monument has 54 methopes where the battles of Roman legions are depicted. Its current appearance was acquired in 1977 by Trayan Trophy, replacing the destroyed original monument with its reconstruction.
Fountain in Kyuchuk Kaynardja
25 km. from Silistra in the village of Kaynardja there is a fountain where Kyuchuk - the Kaynardja peace treaty between Russia and the Ottoman Empire - was concluded in 1774. The history of this peace treaty is extremely interesting. The war was declared in 1768 by Turkey, due to the invasion of Russian troops in Turkish territory that persecuted Polish rebels - that is, due to Russia's interference in the interior of Poland. Interests in Poland also have Austria and Prussia.
A great experience would be to visit the Dervent monastery that is located in Romania, only 25 km from the hotel. Next to it is a healing spring, which the legends connect with St. Apostle Andrew, who, like Moses, pushed his staff and a fountain sprang from the place. Every day, hundreds of people visit the spring and seek a cure. It is precisely such a scene of the healing of a blind boy, painted in the small chapel next to the spring. There is also a miraculous stone in the monastery, which has grown over the years. This stone was located in an ancient temple in this place. Over the years, thousands of people have touched it, as the stone has taken on people's illnesses. As a result of the many touches the stone is now polished. The monastery also preserves part of the relics of the early Christian martyrs Epictet and Astion.